The Timothy Allen Photography Scholarship (TAPSA) opens for online submissions on 21 June 2017 and closes on 15th September 2017, at 11:00 pm GST (the Entry Deadline). All entries must be received by the Entry Deadline.
Who may enter?
This competition is open to all anyone over the age of 18 years at the time of entry submission.
Employees of Sharjah Government Media Bureau, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
How to enter
Please submit images online at https://xposure.awardsplatform.com under the TAPSA Category. The images should be suitable for public display, printing, and publication in the Xposure Magazine. The JPG file format should be used and the preferred resolution is 300 dpi
- The recommended image size should be close to 5,000 pixels on the longer dimension. We can accept images that were not captured at this resolution as long as they are between 3,300-5,000 pixels on the long dimension. For more information on electronic submission guidelines see our FAQ.
- To enter electronically, please visit https://xposure.awardsplatform.com to register. Once the registration process has been completed, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Simply log onto the website and follow the online instructions to upload images from your computer. Digital images should have a long dimension of at least 3,300 pixels and be saved at 300 dpi 28cm or larger as a jpeg file. We recommend the uncompressed file size not be larger than 5 megabytes to ensure a fast upload experience. We can accept images that up to 8 megabytes (uncompressed) if you do not have the ability to downsize the images. (Uncompressed is the size you see in Photoshop’s “Image Size” display which represents the count of pixels in the image. It is not the file size on your computer’s hard drive viewable on your desktop.) Images may be colour profiled in sRGB, Adobe-1998, or not colour-managed.
- You may enter up to ten images per user distributed in any ratio across the competition categories. but each entry must clearly state the category for which it is submitted. (see categories)
- To qualify, photographs must be taken or produced since June 20th, 2014.
- An entry consists of one photo, in addition to completed data fields.
- Each submitted photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the entrant. By entering the contest, the entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that he or she has full power and authority to enter the photograph and that the photograph does not infringe any copyright or violate any other intellectual property rights. The entrant agrees to indemnify Sharjah Government Media Bureau from any and all third party claims arising from the photograph.
- Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud, provided that entrants are prepared to provide a release form as described below in “Third Party Releases/Licenses.” When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person’s art.
- The entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below. The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsors, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified without notice.
- On-line entries must be made by a user registered online at https://xposure.awardsplatform.com and by the authorised account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorised account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, internet domain owner, or other person or organisation (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
TAPSA Judging Procedure
Information on how the jury considers the entries and awards the scores HERE
TAPSA Entrant Licenses & Releases
Please review details on Licenses and Releases HERE