Beginner masterclass WORKSHOPS
Alan Ranger ABIPP
12th Oct.13th Oct. & 15th October 2016
This is a fun and relaxed course taught by Alan Ranger and acclaimed and inspiring landscape photography specialist who has years of teaching experience.
This workshop will be limited to 12 students.
- Camera basics – How a digital SLR works. The 3 basics Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO
- Understanding the settings and modes on your camera.
- Practical – slow exposures and painting with light. Developing an understanding of how adjusting the settings on you camera has a creative impact upon how your pictures look
- Creative discussion about choosing a future body of work to shoot and motivating yourself to get out and about with your camera. Thinking creatively and learning from the masters
- Taking control of focus – both Auto and Manual. Choosing focus points, focus locking and recomposing using centre weighted focus and manual focusing
- Practical – experimenting with Depth of Field, Focus points and correctly exposing a picture.
- Do you see the light? Metering modes and Exposure Compensation. Composition and lighting – seeing the picture, White Balance, Rule of Thirds and Portrait Lighting Techniques.
- Practical portrait shoot using available light.
- Downloading images to your computer or tablet and basic image editing.
- Viewing and understanding meta data (the information contained in a digital image).
What you will need to bring:
- Digital Camera, DLSR, Mirrorless, Bridge or Compact type