His assignments and personal projects have taken him around the world, giving him the opportunity to carefully portray forgotten crises and relevant issues. In 2008 he founded 10b Photography (Rome, Italy), a multipurpose centre for digital photography promoting photography culture through exhibitions, workshops and lectures.
Street children. Numerous children mutilated by personal mines survive by begging in the city center - Luanda, Angola - April 1996.
Zizola has received dozens of awards over the years, including ten awards in World Press Photo contests and six Picture of the Year International awards(POYi).
Migrants on board a wooden fishing vessel carrying over 500 people and sailing from Libya are transferred onto the MSF Bourbon Argos. - 26 August 2015.
In 2018 his experimental movie “As If We Were Tuna” was screened and awarded in Venice Film Festival. In 2014 Francesco was a jury member of the World Press Photo Contest. Francesco lives in Rome, Italy.
- SIAE Prize for Creative Talent, Venice Film Festival, 2018, for the short doc As if we were tuna
- Pictures of the Year International, 1st place Multimedia News Story, 3rd place Exodus for “In the same boat” , 2016
- Best published picture story ( first and second prize ). NPPA , Usa 2008
- Honour mention, 16th LeadAwards, Germania 2008
- First Prize One Vision European, 2007
- NPPA the Best of Photojournalism, 2007
- Jury Prize of the 3rd DAYS JAPAN International Photojournalism Awards, 2007
- Pictures of the Year International, USA, 2006