Intermediate masterclass WORKSHOPS
Presented By Alberto Panizza
Friday 14th Oct, 2016
A fascinating one day workshop dedicated to macro photography.
The course will be lead by Alberto Ghizzi Panizza, Master of the Nikon School Program and experienced professional photographer member of the Nikon school program. He is the winner of numerous national and international photographic awards.
The course is designed for all professionals and photography enthusiasts who are already able to manage their own camera in manual mode, a dlsr / mirrorless is suggested, to enter the fascinating world of macro photography and widen your knowledge by learning the most advanced techniques to achieve very high razor-sharp images and enlargements.
The workshop will be split into three modules.
- The first module will be dedicated to photographing live speicies at Sharjah's wonderful Butterfly sanctury on Al Noor Island. Alberto will give hands on training and advice providing all thats necessary to capture stunning details and create exciting images.
- The second module will continue with shooting techniques with artificial light on still life subjects in the classroom.
- The third module will be devoted to post-production of images, to learn how to get the best details from our RAW files and how to use the Focus Stacking to optimize the sharpness and depth of field of photos.
WHAT IS MACRO PHOTOGRAPHY
- Reproduction Ratio
- Cameras (compact, bridge, mirrorless, APSC e Full Frame)
- Lenses (from 20mm to 200mm macro and others)
- How to choose the right lens
- Camera Settings
- ISO management
- The importance of The Depth of Field
- Managing diffraction
- Live view and Focus Assist
- MACRO accessories
FOCUS STACKING TECHNIQUE
- How to use it
- When and how is it necessary
- How to merge files with Photoshop and Dedicated Programs
- Preparation for field trips
- Approaching the insects
- Respect for the environment
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:CAMERA EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
- DLSR or Mirrorless Camera
- Remote Shutter Release
NON ESSENTIAL - BUT USEFUL
- Extension Tube
- Macro Lens
- Macro Flash Accessories
- Laptop running with a minimum 8GB of RAM, Quad core CPU and at least 200GB of free HD space.
- A Mouse
- USB Memory Stick
- Lightroom 6 or Photoshop CC 2015 or higher. (Available in 30 day trial version)
- Helicon Focus
Below is a link for you to download the above mentioned software. You may wish to try before you subscribe but remember, if you are planning to use a trail version during the workshop, you need to ensure that it is current during the workshop period?.