Muheisen is a Jordanian national and graduated with a B.A. degree in journalism and political science. Since 2001 he has documented major events around the world, in Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa and the United States of America as well as events in Saudi Arabia, China, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, Jordan, France, Greece, Germany, Croatia, Austria, New York, the Netherlands, Serbia, South Africa and Uzbekistan.
He is a member of the Anja Niedringhaus Courage in Photojournalism Award advisory committee at the International Women Media Foundation, in Washington D.C., a member of the nominating committee selecting the participants for the annual World Press Photo Joop Swart Master Class in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, as well a member of the advisory board of Forum Anja Niedringhaus in Höxter, Germany. He is a Global Ambassador for Jordan Tourism Board, Royal Jordanian Airlines and Canon.
A decade in pictures
– UNICEF Picture of the Year,
– Two-time Pulitzer Prize-winner.
– TIME Magazine’s Best Wire Photographer.
– POYI, Picture of the Year International.
– Multiple prizes in the National Headliner Awards.
– Multiple prizes in the NPPA Best of Photojournalism.
– Multiple prizes in the Atlanta Photojournalism Seminar.
– Multiple prizes in Asian Media Awards, best in photojournalism.
– The Oliver S. Gramling Award for journalism.
– The John L. Dougherty Award.
– Festival Du Scoop Award.
– Multiple Awards in the China International Press Photo Contest.
– Sigma Delta Chi Awards.
– Multiple Prizes in Xposure International Photography Festival Award.
– Multiple prizes in the APME News Photos Award.
– The MCF Engaged Journalist Award.
– World Press Photo Joop Swart Master Class participant.