Long Exposure & Post Processing
A photography workshop for people who have more interest in learning in-field techniques for capturing beautiful long exposure photos during daytime. It could be an amazing place to shoot landscape, seascape or beautiful cityscape/architecture.
Day 1 – Fri 24 November 2017 – 14:00pm to 19:00pm
Day 2 – Sat 25 November 2017 – 10:00am to 12:00pm
This workshop will be more focused on mastering long exposure photography and the post-processing required to make the final spectacular outcome and form part of a competition among the participants who will go through the complete process of how to create stunning award-winning photos. You will learn to use the right tools and techniques to transform your photos into fine artwork.
The course is set out in three parts, with a prize of a Nikon D3400 awarded to best picture created during the workshop. The course outlined is as follows:
Part One – Day One: Photographers will meet in Xposure Workshop Zone at Expo Centre Sharjah where Waheed who will brief all about the course.and location essential knowledge. The final location for shooting will be decided on the day according to best opportunities for visibility and weather conditions.
Part Two – Day One: Transport will be arranged for the group to travel to the shoot location. Some photographers may elect to make their own way to the location.
- Hands-on coaching around vision and camera-technique in the field
- How to use the ND filters with best results
- Develop or refine your own vision
- Assistance with your long exposure photography questions
Part Three – Day Two: Meeting at Xposure Workshop Zone at Expo Centre, Sharjah to undertake the training on the Post Processing aspects, using the images captured from the previous evening. Participants will go through the complete process of how to create stunning award-winning photos. Learn the right tools and techniques to transform your photos into fine artwork.
- An intermediate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Working with multiple layers, selections (pen tool and other selection tools), gradients and masks
- Dodging and burning
- Curves & levels
- Making selections using luminosity masking
- Stacking/ blending multiple exposures
- Selective tonal adjustments
- Any decent camera (DSLR)
- Any wide angle lens (Recommended lens between 14mm to 24mm)
- Sturdy Tripod
- ND Filters (10 stops to 16 stops)
- Black tape (to prevent light leakage)
- Camera Remote / Timer / Intervalometer
- Memory Card
- Laptop (Loaded with Adobe Photoshop)
- Google Nik Collection for Photoshop. Download from here → https://www.google.com/nikcollection/
- Luminosity masking actions for Photoshop. Download from here → https://goo.gl/CKP8NG
|Date / Time|| |
Fri 24 NOV 2017 – 2:00 PM
Start time: 14:00 p.m.
Venue: Workshop Zone - Room 4