The Contest opens for online submissions on 1st June 2018 and closes on 30th August 2018, at 11:00 pm GST (the Entry Deadline). All entries must be received by the Entry Deadline.
Who may enter?
This competition is open to all over 18 years of age at the time of entry. ( exception for under 16s category).
Employees of Sharjah Government Media Bureau, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
How to enter
For the photography categories, images must be submitted through our online awards platform at https://xposure.awardsplatform.com The images should be suitable for public display, printing and publication in the Xposure Year Book. The JPG file format should be used and the preferred resolution is 300 dpi and preferably in a ratio of 3:2
For the film category, scripts together with the URL to your video should be submitted online through our awards platform in the respective category.
More detail for photo submissions
- The recommended image size should be close to 5,000 pixels on the longer dimension. We can accept images that were not captured at this resolution as long as they are between 3,300-5,000 pixels on the long dimension. For more information on electronic submission guidelines see our FAQ.
- To enter electronically, you must first register online. Once the registration process has been completed, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Just log into the competition and follow the instructions to upload images from your computer. Digital images should have a long dimension of at least 3,300 pixels and saved at 300 dpi 28cm, or larger, as a jpeg file. We recommend the uncompressed file size not be larger than 5 megabytes to ensure a fast upload experience. We can accept images that up to 8 megabytes uncompressed if you cannot downsize the pictures. (Uncompressed is the size you see in Photoshop’s “Image Size” display which represents the count of pixels in the image. It is not the file size on your computer’s hard drive viewable on your desktop.) Images may be colour profiled in sRGB, Adobe-1998, or not colour-managed.
- You may enter up to ten images per user distributed in any ratio across the competition categories. but each entry must clearly state the category for which submitted. (see categories). To enable entrants to submit across multiple categories only one image may be uploaded at a time.
- To qualify, your photographs must be taken or produced in the past 3-years.
- An entry consists of one photo, in addition to completed Title, Caption, Place Taken and Date Taken.
- Each submitted photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the competition entrant. By entering the contest, the entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that he or she has full power and authority to enter the photograph and that the photograph does not infringe any copyright or violate any other intellectual property rights. The entrant agrees to indemnify Sharjah Government Media Bureau from any and all third party claims arising from the photograph.
- Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud, provided that entrants are prepared to submit a release form as described below in “Third Party Releases/Licenses.” When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person’s art.
- The entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below. The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsors, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified without notice.
- On-line entries must be made by a user registered online at our awards platform and by the authorised account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorised account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, internet domain owner, or other person or organisation (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.