The Timothy Allen Photography Scholarship (TAPSA) opens for online submissions on 1 May 2018 and closes on 15th August 2017, at 11:00 pm GST (the Entry Deadline). All entries must be received by the Entry Deadline.
Who may enter?
This competition is open to all anyone over the age of 18 years at the time of entry submission. Employees of Sharjah Government Media Bureau, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
How to enter
Please register under the TAPSA category online through the Xposure Awards Platform. When the scholarship is open for submissions you will be notified by email and then able to upload your work. All images should be suitable for public display, media release, and publication in the Xposure Year Book. The JPG file format should be used with a preferred resolution of 300 dpi.
- The recommended image size should be close to 5,000 pixels on the longer side. We can accept images that were not captured at this resolution as long as they are greater than 3,0000 pixels on the long side. For more information on electronic submission guidelines see our FAQ on the Awards Platform.
- To enter electronically you must be registered in advance. Please visit https://xposure.awardsplatform.com and register. Once the registration process has been completed, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Simply log onto the platform and follow the instructions to upload images from your computer. We recommend the uncompressed file size not be larger than 5 megabytes to ensure a fast upload experience. We can accept images that up to 8 megabytes (uncompressed) if you do not have the ability to downsize the images. (Uncompressed is the size you see in Photoshop’s “Image Size” display which represents the count of pixels in the image. It is not the file size on your computer’s hard drive viewable on your desktop.) Images may be colour profiled in sRGB, Adobe-1998, or not colour-managed.
- Please note that you may enter up to a maximum of ten images. Ensure that you submit your images in the correct category since we have multiple competitions and awards running simultaneously. Images may be distributed in any ratio across the competition categories. but each entry must clearly state the category for which it is submitted. (see categories)
- To qualify for TAPSA, photographs must be taken or produced since May 1st, 2015.
- An entry consists of one photo, in addition to completed data fields.
- Each submitted photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material photographed by the entrant. By entering the contest, the entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that he or she has full power and authority to enter the photograph and that the photograph does not infringe any copyright or violate any other intellectual property rights. The entrant agrees to indemnify Sharjah Government Media Bureau and Xposure from any and all third party claims arising from the photograph.
- Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud, provided that entrants are prepared to provide a release form as described below in “Third Party Releases/Licenses.” When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person’s art.
- The entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined in the TAPSA Judging Procedure. The photograph must not, in the sole discretion of the organisers, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified without notice.
- On-line entries must be made by the registered user who should be the authorised account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorised account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, internet domain owner, or other person or organisation (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.